Sunday, November 8, 2009

"I lie spread out on the floor looking at these things and most of them are yours"

I'm not exactly a grinch, but I'm not a huge fan of Christmas either. Usually, I avoid the holiday until it comes time to sitting around with friends and family playing board games and eating copious amounts of food. Thanksgiving hasn't even reared it's head and already I'm finding myself wandering into the Christmas isle.
This is I may just get into the spirit. I make no promises of santa hats.... but definitely garland, decorations, baked goods and a tiny tree.





My favorite part of fall are pumpkins. I love everything about them. Their big ol' rippled bellies, cute little stumps, nummy seeds and meat. So I made pumpkin bread. I'm lazy so I used canned pumpkin. The bread was aboslutely delicious. It was very very moist and the recipe made two loaves. Woot! It's not too sweet, despite it's 3 cups of sugar. I also didn't have any ground cloves on hand so I left them out. If you like pumpkin bread, you have to try this recipe. It's so damn good. Mmhmm.




Pumpkin Bread

1 15 oz can of pure pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 large eggs
3 ½ cup all-purpose flour
3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/8 ground cloves

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8”x5” loaf pans.

In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. Mix with electric mixer on low until smooth and incorporated.

In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture. Mix well.

Pour between the two pan equally. Bake for 55- 1 hour 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let pans cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire rack before wrapping up.



I have a few things on the to do list and a full schedule at work, so let's see what gets done. Till then!

No comments: